Food Allergens are an ongoing concern for the food and related industries.
During this course we will provide guidance towards the implementation of an Allergen Management Programme, including conducting of an allergen risk assessment, production scheduling a validation of cleaning methods. Practical exercises and case studies will reinforce the key points towards the successful implementation of Allergen Management Programme. Opportunities for in-class discussions will allow concerns, examples and improvements to current systems to be addressed.
The course will provide participant with an understanding of the basic concepts of an Allergen Management Programme.
The course will:
- Equip the learner with a basic knowledge of different types of allergens
- Equip the learner with the knowledge and skills required to implement and maintain an Allergen Management Programme.
- Equip the learner with the knowledge on allergen legislative requirements
- Understand their role in implementing an Allergen Management Programme
- Allergens (National & International)
- Allergic reactions
- Allergen Mapping
- Cross Contamination Risks
- Control Measures
- PRPs, Factory Layout and Design, Process Flow
- Production Scheduling
- Validation & Verification
- Allergen Risk Assessment
- Practical application – exercises and case studies
- Food Safety Team Leaders
- HACCP (Food Safety) Team members
- Internal Auditors
- Process/Product Development Managers
- Employees responsible for compiling an Allergen Management Programme
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdown, we are not currently running face-to-face training. However, a number of our courses are running online - either by way of webinar-style training or learn-at-your-own-pace courses. Get in touch with our team via the link below to discuss training availability and options to suit your needs.