Basic Food Safety Principles
This course introduces floor staff to the Food Safety System.
When implementing Food Safety, it is important for everyone in the company to understand its basic principles so their role within the programme can be appreciated.
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of Food Safety and their roles and responsibilities
- List the basic principles of Food Safety - including FSSC 22000
- Recognize the importance of hygiene in a Food Safety system
- What is food safety?
- Reasons for implementing a Food Safety System
- Basic hygiene principles including germs and food poisoning
- Identifying hazards and control measures
- Overview of the Pre-requisite Programme (including personnel practices, cleaning and sanitation, pest control, allergen management, construction and maintenance, process control, supplier qualtiy assurance)
- Overview of CCP’s critical limits, monitoring, corrective action
- Your role in the Food Safety System
A certificate of attendance will be issued once the course has been successfully completed.
- Food manufacturing industry:
- Production staff
- Unit Managers
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdown, we are not currently running face-to-face training. However, a number of our courses are running online - either by way of webinar-style training or learn-at-your-own-pace courses. Get in touch with our team via the link below to discuss training availability and options to suit your needs.