BRC - Transition from Version 7 to Version 8
The BRC Global Standard for Food Safety specifies requirements to be met to enable the production, packaging, storage and distribution of safe food. Certification against the standard provides assurance to clients (retailers and branded manufacturers) that product safety is maintained and reduces the need for retailers and manufactures to carry out their own audits of their suppliers.
The requirements of the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 7 have been extensively revised with Issue 8 being published 1 August 2018. Audits for Issue 8 will commence on the January 2019.
To ensure clients are ready for their audits in February 2019, we have developed a comprehensive training course to explain the extensive changes stipulated in Issue 8 of the Global Standard.
The training course will incorporate all amendments and changes including new clauses, additional fundamental requirements, grading criteria and a modular approach to certification.
It will also provide practical guidance in terms of implementing these requirements into an existing BRC system.
- To equip delegates with essential knowledge of the amendments from Issue 7 to Issue 8
- To equip delegates with practical insight to incorporate the changes to the existing BRC system
- Layout of the Global Standard for Food Safety
- Key changes
- New clauses and requirements
- Amendments to existing clauses
- Audit criteria and approach to follow for certification
- This course can be customised and is available in house.
A certificate of attendance will be issued once the course has been successfully completed.
- Food safety team leaders and team members
- Quality Assurance Managers
- Staff involved in implementing and maintaining the BRC Food Safety System
- Internal Auditing Team
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdown, we are not currently running face-to-face training. However, a number of our courses are running online - either by way of webinar-style training or learn-at-your-own-pace courses. Get in touch with our team via the link below to discuss training availability and options to suit your needs.