Cleaning and Disinfection - Theory and Practice
Cleaning and disinfecting processing equipment, food contact surfaces and environmental surfaces is a major control measure that prevents product contamination, particularly in ready-to-eat foods.
This course provides an understanding of the potential routes of product contamination within the food manufacturing environment and an insight into the research that underpins current hygiene practices. The course builds on selecting appropriate cleaning/ disinfection methods and chemicals, developing cleaning schedules and assessing the programme's efficacy (at providing sufficient training for delegates to design and manage effective sanitation programmes). The theory is also reinforced through practical exercises.
To equip those responsible with the knowledge and skills required to ensure successful cleaning and disinfection of food-processing environment as well as implement and design an effective sanitation programme. At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Select and/or design a suitable cleaning and disinfection programme for the work environment
- Grasp the key aspects of the cleaning and disinfection programme
- Understand the sanitation programme’s validation process
- Interact with suppliers to select appropriate compounds for their environment and products
- Routes of contamination
- Hygienic design of cleaning equipment
- Cleaning/disinfecting chemicals
- Cleaning of open and closed systems
- Key aspects for consideration
- Sanitation manuals and cleaning schedules for
- different kinds of process equipment
- Validation of sanitation programme performance
A certificate of attendance will be issued once the course has been successfully completed.
- Technical quality managers
- Hygiene managers
To ensure that this course is valuable to your company, delegates must be comfortable communicating in English and need suitable reading and writing skills.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdown, we are not currently running face-to-face training. However, a number of our courses are running online - either by way of webinar-style training or learn-at-your-own-pace courses. Get in touch with our team via the link below to discuss training availability and options to suit your needs.