Food Technology for the Non-Food Technologist
It is crucial that employees involved in any facet of food processing understand the basic concepts around food technology.
By attending this course the delegate will be provided with a general overview of safety, quality and development – as well as production issues involved in the manufacturing of food and related products. The course will benefit employees who have had little or no training in food technology and will equip them with an overview of technologies used in the food industry.
The course will provide participants with an understanding of the basic concepts relating to food technology. The course will equip the learner with:
- A basic knowledge of food processing techniques
- A simple understanding of safety, quality and development in a food manufacturing environment
- Knowledge regarding the limitations of different food manufacturing processes
- Skills relating to problem-solving activities
- Food microbiology
- Food preservation methods
- Canning & aseptic techniques
- Freezing and chilling
A certificate of attendance will be issued once the course has been successfully completed.
- Employees involved in food manufacturing
- Support staff
- Engineering staff
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdown, we are not currently running face-to-face training. However, a number of our courses are running online - either by way of webinar-style training or learn-at-your-own-pace courses. Get in touch with our team via the link below to discuss training availability and options to suit your needs.