HACCP - A Practical Approach
HACCP is a management tool that examines business processes in a focused way to determine the best way to meet food-safety standards.
It is a preventative approach to food safety that examines every stage of the production process, identifies essential procedures and ensures process standards remain constant. Simply put, it asks “What might go wrong and how do I make sure it doesn’t?”
- To equip the participant with the knowledge and skills required to implement a HACCP study and to make sure that food produced or sold does not harm the consumer
- To enable participants to take on a role as a HACCP team leader and to make sure (by involving staff in the system development) that everyone in the business is committed to producing safe food
- By the end of the course, participants will be able to start a HACCP team, implement a HACCP programme, document and record the results of a HACCP study
- HACCP background and legislation (international as well as national)
- Preparatory steps towards implementing a HACCP system
- Hazard analysis
- Determining CCPs
- Identifying critical limits, monitoring procedures and corrective actions
- Validation, verification and review
- Record keeping and document control
A certificate of attendance will be issued once the course has been successfully completed.
FoodBev SETA Registered Skills
Unit standards 123357, 123374
NQF Level: 4
- Middle management
- Food safety/HACCP team leaders
- Food-safety team members
- System co-ordinators
- Production/factory managers
- Key personnel involved in implementing, maintaining or reviewing the HACCP system
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdown, we are not currently running face-to-face training. However, a number of our courses are running online - either by way of webinar-style training or learn-at-your-own-pace courses. Get in touch with our team via the link below to discuss training availability and options to suit your needs.