Internal Auditing – Criteria & Procedures
Internal audits verify the effectiveness of a food-safety system.
This popular course is one of the requirements for HACCP, BRC and ISO 22000 certification. It will familiarise delegates with the principles of auditing techniques, facilitate the creation of an internal audit programme to improve the standard of operation and meet recognised quality standards. This course is based on principles of ISO 19011:2011 Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems which can be applied to Internal Auditors.
To equip delegates with the necessary knowledge to understand:
- The purpose of internal audits
- Preparing and planning for audits
- Preparing audit documentation e.g. audit checklist, audit report and non-conformance records
- Auditing techniques
- Audit execution e.g. opening and closing meetings as well as conducting audits
- Purpose of an audit
- Reasons for auditing
- Quality Standard requirements
- Managing the audit
- Auditor selection and preparation
- The audit route and its management
- Audit documentation i.e. checklists
- Audit format
- Planning and preparing audits
- Audit execution, including auditing and interviewing techniques
- Reporting non-conformances
- Audit reports
- Tracking the audit’s progression and follow-ups
- Benefits of internal audits
- Practical application – exercises and case studies
A certificate of attendance will be issued once the course has been successfully completed.
FoodBev SETA registered skills programme: 09SP0002630403104/1
NQF level: 4
- Middle management
- Internal auditors
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdown, we are not currently running face-to-face training. However, a number of our courses are running online - either by way of webinar-style training or learn-at-your-own-pace courses. Get in touch with our team via the link below to discuss training availability and options to suit your needs.