Introduction to Hygiene for the Food Packaging Industry
The ever- increasing risk of food-poisoning outbreaks, as well as the risks and costs associated with product spoilage and recall have made the implementation of a food-safety system vital if a facility wishes to be synonymous with outstanding-quality service.
As a result this 2.5 hour course was developed with highly-visual material (photographs and a video demonstrating the principles of hygiene). It will introduce attendees to hygiene as well as teach them more about germs, how they are spread, how they can be controlled and the basics of food poisoning. Attendees will gain
knowledge of personal hygiene, cleaning and sanitation, housekeeping, food handling, temperature control, pest control, food-handling practices and basic documentation.
The course can be customised by means of photographs of your facility which will identify good and bad practices and encourage staff to identify solutions to the problems indicated.
- To equip the participant with knowledge about microorganisms, how they are spread, how they can be controlled and the basics of food poisoning
- To equip the participant with personal hygiene knowledge, cleaning and sanitation, housekeeping practices, food-handling practices, temperature control, pest control and basic documentation.
Part 1: General Information
The following topics are covered in the first part of the presentation:
- Basic hygiene principles including germs and food poisoning
- Personal hygiene
- Code of conduct
- Cleaning and sanitation.
- Food handling
- Temperature control
- Pest control
- Basic documentation
Part 2: Industry Specific Information
Food Packaging Industry
- Handling practices for food-packaging material manufacturers
- Cleaning practices for food-packaging material manufacturers
- Personal hygiene practices for food-packaging material manufacturers
- Validation and verification practices for food-packaging material manufacturers.
A certificate of attendance will be issued once the course has been successfully completed.
Food packaging industry:
- Production staff
- Supervisors and unit managers
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdown, we are not currently running face-to-face training. However, a number of our courses are running online - either by way of webinar-style training or learn-at-your-own-pace courses. Get in touch with our team via the link below to discuss training availability and options to suit your needs.