Introduction to Legionella
Legionella pneumophila, a previously unknown bacterium, was discovered to be the cause of the mysterious Legionnaires’ Disease - a type of pneumonia contracted by inhaling water droplets into your deep lung tissue.
It is important to know the facts, including risks and prevention, around Legionella as it is commonly found in hot and cold water tanks, hot tubs, cooling towers and other areas where water is aspirated.
The course will:
- Equip the participant with awareness about Legionella, water systems, country guidelines, result interpretation, poor practices and their responsibilities towards the monitoring of Legionella programmes.
- Background of Legionella
- Identification and assessment of the risk
- Managing the risk
- Control of Legionella bacteria in hot and cold water systems and evaporative cooling systems
- Preventing/controlling the risks from exposure to Legionella
- Guidelines of Country
- Result Interpretation
- Poor practices
- Sampling and understanding of how to control the risk of Legionella bacteria
- Documentation and Record Keeping
Staff involved in:
- Maintenance Programmes
- Legionella Monitoring
- Health & Safety
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdown, we are not currently running face-to-face training. However, a number of our courses are running online - either by way of webinar-style training or learn-at-your-own-pace courses. Get in touch with our team via the link below to discuss training availability and options to suit your needs.