ISO 22000:2018 - Understanding the Requirements (incl. Internal Auditing)
The internationally-recognised ISO 22000 food safety management system enables companies to plan, implement, operate, maintain and update their food-safety management systems to ensure safe products.
The general misconception is that ISO 22000 is a combination of HACCP and ISO 9001. This, however, is not the case as ISO 22000 is a standard (with the emphasis on food safety throughout the food chain) that contains certain ISO 9001 standard elements. The course addresses practical implementation of a food-safety management system and includes compiling internal audit documentation and conducting internal audits.
To equip the participant with the knowledge and skills required to implement an ISO 22000 system. At the conclusion of the course participants will be able to:
- Plan the implementation process of the ISO 22000 system
- Appoint a food-safety team and implement an ISO 22000 system
- Compile the required documentation and record applicable information
- Approach all aspects of food safety in a systematic and logical way
- Facilitate the creation of an internal audit programme against ISO22000
- Background to the standard
- Discussing clauses 4 to 10 which include requirements, documentation, etc.
- Verification of the ISO 22000 system: internal auditing
- Purpose and reasons for auditing
- Auditor’s role and responsibilities
- Auditor selection
- The audit route and how to manage it
- Audit documentation i.e. checklists
- Audit planning and preparation
- Audit execution, including auditing and interviewing techniques
- Reporting non-conformances
- Audit reports
- Benefits of internal audits
- Practical application: exercises and case studies
A certificate of attendance will be issued once the course has been successfully completed.
FoodBev SETA Registered Skills Programme: 09SP0002780303205/0
NQF level: 5
- Middle management
- Anyone responsible for implementing or maintaining the ISO 22000 system
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdown, we are not currently running face-to-face training. However, a number of our courses are running online - either by way of webinar-style training or learn-at-your-own-pace courses. Get in touch with our team via the link below to discuss training availability and options to suit your needs.