ISO/TS 22002-1:2009 - Meeting the Requirements
ISO 22000 sets out specific food safety requirements, and includes the implementation and maintenance of a PRP system, in order to control food safety hazards.
ISO/TS 22002-1:2009 specifies detailed requirements for establishing, implementing and maintaining PRPs (prerequisite programmes) that will address the ISO 22000 requirements, as stipulated in clause 7.2.3 ISO 22000.
To equip the learner with:
- A basic knowledge of ISO/TS 22002-1:2009 and an understanding of how this relates to the Food Safety Management System, ISO 22000
- The knowledge and skills required to implement and maintain ISO/TS 22002-1:2009
- The knowledge on what changes are to be made to an existing PRP system in order to adhere to ISO/TS 22002-1:2009 requirements
- Construction and layout of buildings
- Layout of premises and workspace
- Utilities – air, water and energy
- Waste disposal
- Equipment suitability, cleaning and maintenance
- Management of purchases materials
- Measures for prevention of cross contamination
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Pest control
- Personnel hygiene and employee facilities
- Product recall procedures
- Product information/consumer awareness
- Food defence, biovigilance and bioterrorism
A certificate of attendance will be issued once the course has been successfully completed.
Foodbev Seta Registered Skills programme: 09SP000454030225/0
- Credits: 13
- NQF Level: 3
- Middle management
- Food safety team leaders
- Food safety team members
- System co-ordinators
- Production/factory managers
- Key personnel who will be involved in implementing, maintaining or reviewing the PAS system
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdown, we are not currently running face-to-face training. However, a number of our courses are running online - either by way of webinar-style training or learn-at-your-own-pace courses. Get in touch with our team via the link below to discuss training availability and options to suit your needs.