Overview of R.638
The R.638 Regulations Governing General Hygiene Requirements for Food Premises, the Transport of Food and Related Matters was published June 2018. With the regulation came a new clause which states that a person in charge of food premises must ensure that he/she is suitably qualified or otherwise adequately training in the principles and practices of food safety and hygiene as appropriate, and that the training is accredited or conducted by and inspector.
With that in mind, this interactive workshop will provide the manager or business owner with an overview of management’s responsibilities regarding Food Safety Management Requirements.
Guidance will be given, where applicable, about relevant legislation/codes of practice, levels of hygiene training/knowledge and Food Safety related aspects.
To provide delegates with an understanding of food safety, how it works, requirements for its effective implementation and the manager’s supportive role. It also looks at the problems associated with implementation.
At the end of the training course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the basic hygiene practices
- Understand the requirements for the effective implementation, maintenance and for continuous improvement of the Food Safety Management System
- Assist with problem solving
- Provide a supportive role
- Background about QMS
- Requirements and changes of R638
- Overview of the Prerequisite Programs
- Overview of the Food Safety Management Systems
- Understanding your responsibilities “Duties of person in charge of Food Premises”
- Practical Application
A certificate of attendance will be issued once the course has been successfully completed.
- CEO/GM/Operational Managers
- Group Food Safety Coordinators
- Managers of Sections/Units, areas where Food Safety Management is to be applied
- Managers/persons responsible for Implementing & Maintaining the Food Safety Management System
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdown, we are not currently running face-to-face training. However, a number of our courses are running online - either by way of webinar-style training or learn-at-your-own-pace courses. Get in touch with our team via the link below to discuss training availability and options to suit your needs.