Validation and Verification for Food Safety Management Systems
Validation and verification form vital roles within food safety management systems but it can be confusing when trying to distinguish the different roles they play.
This course aims to clarify these roles and activities. The food safety management system and prerequisite programmes require validation before being implemented, gathering evidence that products can be produced safely within a given process. After implementation, verification activities gather evidence that the food safety management systems achieve the required results and that staff comply with the system requirements. During this course, we will examine the concepts of validation and verification activities and how they apply to food safety management systems. Reference to current guidance documentation/ standards and best practices will be made. Case studies will demonstrate the practical application of validation and verification techniques.
- To equip delegates with knowledge of validation and verification techniques
- To school delegates in designing, implementing and maintaining a validation and verification system
- The need for validation and verification systems
- Overview of regulation
- Validation practices
- Verification techniques
- Microbiological requirements
- The use of sampling plans
- Group exercises and case studies
- Practical application
A certificate of attendance will be issued once the course has been successfully completed.
- Staff responsible for setting up (and managing) validation and verification systems
- Food Safety Managers
- Technical and Quality Managers
- Process/Product Development Managers
- HACCP team leaders and team members
- Food safety system auditors
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdown, we are not currently running face-to-face training. However, a number of our courses are running online - either by way of webinar-style training or learn-at-your-own-pace courses. Get in touch with our team via the link below to discuss training availability and options to suit your needs.