Crisis Management & Food Defence
Programme Coordinator: Lulanie Swanepoel
OVERVIEW & OBJECTIVES
This timely course covers food defence strategies and measures which attendees should employ throughout their processing operations.
- Learn the basic concepts and strategies of defending your products from international contamination and sabotage
- Find out how to structure your crisis management team to effectively work with your local response when and if a crisis occurs
- Find out how to build an effective crisis management plan to help turn any negative situation into a more positive situation and get your operation back to normal as quickly as possible
- Attendees will deal with and learn about some real life issues built into table top scenarios (exercises) as part of a crisis management team and experience a mock press (media) briefing as a response to the crisis
- Background and definitions
- Applying food defence basics
- Risk management
- Managing the crisis
- Food defence/crisis senarios
- Training/cultivating a food defence/crisis-ready culture
- An integrated effective complaint program
- Practical assessment and test
A certificate of attendance will be issued once the course has been successfully completed.
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
Delegates must be comfortable communicating in English and need suitable reading and writing skills.
Presented in English
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Food Safety Team Members
- Management Team
- Implementation Staff