FSSC 22000 - Food Safety System Certification (Version 5)
FSSC 22000 is an independently managed certification scheme, which is based on ISO 22000 and ISO/TS 22002-1:2009/PAS 223:2011 - dependant on the product.
The system is recognized by GFSI and other accreditation bodies. The internationally-recognised FSSC 22000 Food Safety System enables companies to plan, implement, operate, maintain and update their food-safety management systems to ensure safe products for customers and achieve truly global recognition for their system. The course specifies the detailed requirements for establishing, implementing and maintaining the FSSC 22000 standard and the PRP (pre-requisite programmes) requirements (clause 7.2.3 ISO 22000:2005) for your industry. The course addresses the practical implementation of a Food Safety System.
To equip the participant with the knowledge and skills required to implement a FSSC 22000. At the conclusion of the course participants will be able to:
- Plan the implementation process of the FSSC 22000 system
- Appoint a food safety team and implement an FSSC 22000 system
- Compile the required documentation and record the applicable information
- Approach all aspects of food safety in a systematic and logical way
- Background to the FSSC 22000 standard
- Requirements of ISO/TS 22002-1:2009/PAS 223:2011
- Practical application – exercises and case studies
- Formal assessment – submission of post course assignment
A certificate of attendance will be issued once the course has been successfully completed.
FoodBev SETA Registered Skills Programme: 09SP000454030225/0
NQF level: 5
Additional formal training recommended for FSSC 22000 certification: Internal Auditing training
Middle management and anyone responsible for implementing or maintaining the FSSC 22000 system.