Introduction to Sensory Evaluation Requirements
Sensory evaluation is a scientific discipline that applies principles of experimental design to the use of human senses (sight, smell, taste, touch and hearing) for the purposes of evaluating consumer products. Sensory evaluation has become and important aspect of new product development and marketing.
The course will provide you with a basic knowledge to practically apply the sensory evaluation techniques.
- The course will provide the participants with an understanding of what Sensory Evaluation is and basic knowledge and skills.
- Background of sensory evaluation
- Sensory descriptors
- Basic sensory analysis (types of tests)
- How to select a sensory panel
- Test conditions/requirements
- Practical application of tests
A certificate of attendance will be issued once the course has been successfully completed.
- Staff involved with sensory evaluation