Understanding Labelling Requirements
This workshop offers an in-depth overview of the labelling requirements as stipulated in R146:2010.
A brief overview of international requirements will be addressed. The training will be beneficial to those who have some exposure to labelling requirements, but who wish to acquire a more in-depth, up-to-date understanding. Practical exercises and case studies will reinforce the key points towards the application of labelling regulation requirements. Opportunities for in-class discussion will allow concerns, examples and improvements to current systems to be addressed.
The course will provide participants with an understanding of the basic concepts of labelling requirements in South Africa. It will equip the learner with:
- A basic knowledge of labelling regulations
- The knowledge and skills required to apply the labelling requirements
- An understanding of their role in implementing labelling requirements in their work environment.
- Overview of food regulations (national and international)
- Role players/Government
- Interpretation of R146 labelling requirements
- Product names and descriptions
- Ingredient declaration, including allergen labelling
- Misleading statements
- Nutritional claims
- Health claims
- Negative claims
- Claims in general
- Nutrient claims
- Comparative claims
- Practical application – exercises and case studies
A certificate of attendance will be issued once the course has been successfully completed.
- Food safety team leaders
- HACCP (food safety) team members
- Process/product development managers
- Entry level technical staff
- Employees responsible for interpreting food labelling requirements
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdown, we are not currently running face-to-face training. However, a number of our courses are running online - either by way of webinar-style training or learn-at-your-own-pace courses. Get in touch with our team via the link below to discuss training availability and options to suit your needs.