Food Safety Culture
Food safety is a shared responsibility and all employees play a role in the effective implementation and maintenance thereof. Employees, regardless of their position within the company, need to understand the impact their actions can have on food safety.
In BRC Global Standard Food Safety Issue 8, Food Safety Culture is clearly mentioned under the Senior Management Clause. Both GFSI and BRC Issue 8 recognize the establishing of a food safety culture that will play a vital role ensuring that all employees adhere to the correct behaviours at all times.
To ensure this, each employee needs to be trained suitably and know what is expected of them. They need to understand what is considered to be the right thing to do, the correct manner in which to do things, as well as the implications of not doing the right thing.
For this reason, this course has been created to assist with the development of food safety culture in your company, by identifying what is required and how current activities can be used to improve food safety culture.
To equip the learner with the necessary skills and knowledge to identify current activities/practices that can be improved to implement an effective food safety culture.
- Overview of Food Safety Culture terminology
- Identifying current activities that could assist with implementing a Food Safety Culture at the attendees’ organisation
- Improving current practices
- Tools/documents required
- Implementing an action plan for Food Safety Culture
A certificate of attendance will be issued once the course has been successfully completed.
- Employees responsible for investigating and implementing a Food Safety Culture
- Quality/Technical Middle Management
- Internal company Facilitators